Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Salvation III - Tribulation

Salvation in the Tribulation


Never have I heard a sermon about how you get saved during the Tribulation. Thank God for Ariel Ministries.

It turns out you can be saved during the Tribulation. The Tribulation is a period of time when God judges the world for not accepting His Son as their saviour. The Universal Church, which includes only those who have accepted Messiah as their saviour, will not be judged, which is why some Christians talk about the "Rapture." The Rapture is when all Christians are taken up to Heaven. This is because they are not subject to the judgements about to be implemented by God. (1 Thessalonians 4:16 - 17)

But wait, there is more! During this time God seals 12,000 Jews from each of the 12 Tribes of Israel to preach the "Good News" to the whole world. The result of this display of Grace by God to a world under judgement is a massive world wide revival.

The conditions of Salvation are the same as those for the New Testament believer. However those who are saved during this time will not receive the deposit of the Holy Spirit, as this gift is reserved only for the Universal (Invisible) Church.

At the end of the Tribulation Christ will set up his Judgement Throne, known as the White Throne Judgement, and will separate the goats from the sheep. He asks them tells them at the time they are judged this:
    Sheep
    Matthew 25:35 - 25:40
    For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    Goats
    Matthew 25:41 - 25:45
    Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Is this judgement based on the works of supporting the Jews during the Tribulation? No, the judgement is based on the content of each believers faith, which lead them to support the Jews during the Tribulation. Because the believers understood the Gospel, and they had faith in God for their salvation, the held right doctrine and provided aid to the brethren of Jesus, the Jews.

During the Tribulation there are two faith systems in place. There are the Saints, and there is the Apostate Church. The Apostate Church will persecute all discenters. Ultimately there is war between the Saints and the Apostate Church during this period.

Arnold Fruchtenbaum says this:
    The Goats will be sent to Hell, whereas the sheep will not only enter the Kingdom (v 34) but they will also inherit eternal life. Is their salvation, then, based on their works, be they anti-Semitic or pro-Semitic? Not at all. The Scriptures make it quite clear that salvation is always by grace through faith totally apart from works. During the Tribulation, the Jews will become the dividing for those who are believers and for those who are not. Only believers will dare to violate the rules of the Antichrist and aid the Jews.1

Summary

  • During the Tribulation 144,000 Jews will preach to Gospel to the whole world.
  • Salvation will be by faith in Christ as it was before the Tribulation
  • The judgement of the Gentile will be on the basis of pro-Semitism or anti-Semitism, which will be the outward and visible sign of the inward and spiritual status of all Gentiles at this time
  • The Antichrist and the Apostate Church will persecute all who disagree with its religion
  • Jews will be persecuted like never before
  • True believers will give aid and comfort to the Jews during this time

For a full exposition of the period of time known as the Tribulation please refer to Dr Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum's Book, The Footstep of the Messiah



Footnotes:

  1. Dr. Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, The Footsteps of Messiah, pp 367
    Used with the permission of Ariel Ministries.